Courtesy members are widows or widowers of proprietary members of the Club who had been bona fide proprietary members of the Club for thirty (30) consecutive years, and who have, subject to the Club Rules and Regulations, been accorded courtesy membership status by the Board of Directors.
GUIDELINES FOR COURTESY MEMBERS
1. Membership in the Club is a privilege which is, at all times, subject to such restrictions, limitations, and obligations as may be imposed in accordance with the By-Laws and the Club Rules and Regulations. (Section 1, Article VI, Amended By-Laws)
2. No person shall become a Life Member or a Courtesy Member without approval by the Club Board of Directors, upon recommendation of the Membership Committee. (Section 3(a), Article II, Amended By-Laws)
3. Life Members and Courtesy Members shall be subject to suspension, expulsion, or other forms of discipline by the Club Board of Directors. (Section 3(a), Article II, Amended By-Laws)
1. Governing Policy— Courtesy membership with the Club is not a matter of right, but a privilege that may, in the discretion of the Board of Directors of the Club, be extended to eligible widows or widowers of deceased proprietary members.
2. Eligibility— Only widows or widowers of proprietary members of the Club who had been bona fide proprietary members of the Club for thirty (30) consecutive years and who at the time of death were proprietary members in good standing, are eligible to be nominated to and extended courtesy membership to the Club.
3. Process of Nomination and Bestowing — Pursuant to Section 2, Art. VI of the Amended By-Laws, every applicant or candidate to courtesy membership, shall be nominated and seconded by a proprietary member qualified to vote, provided, however, that no such proprietary member shall nominate or second the nomination of more than two applications during any given fiscal year of the Club.
3.1. The name of the applicant or candidate shall be posted in the Club House for a period of four (4) consecutive weeks prior to the approval of his or her application election as a courtesy member.
3.2. Upon the recommendation of the Membership Committee, the Board of Directors shall vote upon the admission of a courtesy member.
4. Obligations, Privileges and Benefits — A courtesy member shall only be entitled to the use of all facilities and privileges of the Club subject to Club Rules and Regulations, and be bound to pay all dues and assessments in accordance with the Club Rules and Regulations and those imposed by the Board of Directors for courtesy membership. Although a courtesy member has the right to attend all membership meetings, and be furnished copies of the agenda and other communications in connection with such meetings, he or she has no voting right and is not entitled to vote in any meeting on any matter, nor is he or she entitled nor eligible to be voted upon to any elective position in the Club. A courtesy member has no right to the properties and assets of the Club on liquidation.
5. Withdrawal — A courtesy member may withdraw his or her membership by presenting his or her resignation in writing to the Secretary but the resignation shall not be effective until after payment in full or any back dues and assessments that may be delinquent of in arrears. (Section 4, Article VI, Amended By-Laws)
5.1. The status of courtesy membership may be withdrawn by the Board of Directors, upon recommendation of the Membership Committee, for any cause that is deemed to be, in the Board’s discretion, necessary for the interests of the Club.
5.2. Courtesy membership is personal and non-transferable and shall automatically be extinguished upon the death of the courtesy member.